Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Gunner Forum

What's happening on or with the forum
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Gunner Forum

Post by daytime dave » Wed May 08, 2024 1:47 pm

I had a few extra minutes and went over to Gunner Forum to look around. I hadn't been on in probably over a year. The format changed, but I have seen it before. There didn't seem to be many new posts. One struck me. It asked if there were more posts than for a camera company.

Does anyone have any information about that forum? I'm curious.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Gunner Forum

Post by North Country Gal » Wed May 08, 2024 3:50 pm

Not me. Haven't stopped by there in years.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed May 08, 2024 6:39 pm

I haven’t been there in at least five years.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed May 08, 2024 6:48 pm

Never heard of it.
Til now. ;)

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed May 08, 2024 10:22 pm

I stuck around on that one for a long time. I was a moderator for the last few years trying to keep it alive. And keep the spammers and scammers out. There were only 2 or 3 members who dropped in daily and maybe 5 or 6 who checked in a couple times a month. There is one member who is a sponsor. His username is gratefuldoug. His business is Cameraland I think. He is legit and has some decent prices on optics.
I stepped down from moderator duties last year and left wishing everyone well. If you check in over there you can find my username same as here. Our friend Sir Henry was Lithgow303 I believe. There were some very good people there years ago but over time it just kind of faded away.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Wed May 08, 2024 10:23 pm

I used to stop in on a regular basis, but somehow just drifted away from it. I didn't even know about the new format, but it still recognized my membership.
0 x
NRA Member

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu May 09, 2024 7:30 am

Vaquero wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 6:48 pm
Never heard of it.
Til now. ;)

RP
DITTO :?:
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu May 09, 2024 8:43 am

RetiredSeabee wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:22 pm
I stuck around on that one for a long time. I was a moderator for the last few years trying to keep it alive. And keep the spammers and scammers out. There were only 2 or 3 members who dropped in daily and maybe 5 or 6 who checked in a couple times a month. There is one member who is a sponsor. His username is gratefuldoug. His business is Cameraland I think. He is legit and has some decent prices on optics.
I stepped down from moderator duties last year and left wishing everyone well. If you check in over there you can find my username same as here. Our friend Sir Henry was Lithgow303 I believe. There were some very good people there years ago but over time it just kind of faded away.
Yep I was Lithgow303 and I invited several dozen people from there to join this forum. Before that I was also on the Ruger Forum. I’ve known some of you here for more than ten years. And a couple I’ve known for twenty years.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu May 09, 2024 10:59 am

Sir Henry wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:43 am
RetiredSeabee wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:22 pm
Yep I was Lithgow303 and I invited several dozen people from there to join this forum. Before that I was also on the Ruger Forum. I’ve known some of you here for more than ten years. And a couple I’ve known for twenty years.
I remember when you invited me to Gunner. It was a nice forum. Too bad it faded.
Thanks rsb for the cameraland info. I'll have to look at that site.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Thu May 09, 2024 2:18 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:43 am
I can still remember the first day you dropped in at the old Henry forum. What a difference from then to now !!

The Ruger forum was till this day the only forum I ever quit. The bias-ness and censorship there was over-whelming. This had to be a good 10 years ago. Although I'm wondering how it is now? I have since bought a Ruger (no thanks to them though, lol).
1 x
NRA Member