Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Brownells

Tell us about the accessories you like, want, can't live without or wish they made. Throw in a picture or two also.
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Brownells

Post by JEBar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:14 pm

looking for comments from folks who have done business with Brownells http://www.brownells.com/ .... earlier today I placed my second order with them and have mixed feelings about them ....
0 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Brownells

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:22 pm

I feel Brownell's is a very reputable company to deal with. My uncle had a FFL and a friend of mine had a license and together we all bought a lot of items from Brownell's and never ever had a problem with dealing with them. They also sell the name brand better quality things you need for your gun hobby. I personally feel there is none better to order from unless something has changed that I am not aware of.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:20 pm

I have no complaints with the way they handle orders .... my first one was handled as it should be, the second is in process .... it appears to me that they have purchased some companies like Lewis Lead Remover which now can only be purchased from them ... after buying it, they've jacked up the prices .... which since they now own it they have every right to do so .... just wondering about the experiences others have had while dealing with them
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:23 am

I've never dealt with them, but I am getting ready to order about $100 parts in the next week or so....................
0 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:58 am

I have ordered a few things from Brownells here in the UK. It's actually just a catalog/drop-shipping operation over here, because all the orders go through to the US, which usually means a 2-3 week wait, but so far everything has arrived OK, and the prices aren't too excessive.

They offer free shipping on orders over $120, which isn't difficult to spend, so providing you're not in a hurry for anything it's a decent place to do business with.
0 x

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:34 am

I have had good luck with them. I found a part I needed for one of my revolvers. It was easy to look up and order on their site. Shipping was fast and the order was complete. They are growing, if I remember a recent article.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:00 am

I have been dealing with them for years. Nice folks, and I spent lots of money over the years setting up this and that. If you call with a question, they have someone they can bring to the phone with an answer.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 am

Not too long ago I purchased an Otis cleaning kit for my 20-ga shotgun. Needed to also get some brass connectors to "pull it all together." Wasn't quite certain which thread sizes to get, but as olMarine mentioned, you call and someone answers. The fellow that helped me spent quite a bit of time checking out the various sizes, and recommended what best to order. Good service that day, no probs, and got the parts in good time.

On other shops there, found stuff I needed that is hard to find elsewhere. I think they have a good inventory. As far as "jacked-up" prices, happens most everywhere, and that is never ending, is it?

I'll stick with them. Good place to shop for me.
2 x

~Пока~

Steve51
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Steve51 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:31 am

I have ordered parts and sights from them and have never experienced any problems. I really like their Magna-Tip screwdriver handles and Magna-Tip bits.
1 x
H001, H001L, H004, H001TM, H001TLB, H006, H010, H012M, H012GR
NRA Member, GOA Member, ISRA Member, ILCCW

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:43 pm

I like them also never have had any issues with them. I dont do alot with them but the business I have done they have been great. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55