Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Most unused category on this site

Buy, Sell and Trade. Abide by the rules and make all deals via PM or email.
Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Most unused category on this site

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:55 am

Its almost not worth checking this for anything new for sale here. I guess henry folks keep their stuff and are not big traders...oh well.... still an excellent site.... just not for finding gun stuff etc. for sale it seems...........
2 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Most unused category on this site

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:16 am

These days shipping is so stupid expensive it’s hard to advertise something nationally.
1 x

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:53 am

At one time, an individual could ship a handgun via UPS or FedEx but today, shipping a handgun is virtually impossible if you do not possess an FFL. I have never possessed an FFL nor have I ever desired to apply for an FFL. This doesn't bother me too much since I have whittled down my handgun inventory because old age suddenly assaulted me with virtually no warning. The few handguns I have left, I will keep.

Shipping ammunition is still possible but it must go thru' a UPS hub since a UPS Store is apparently afraid of firearms and ammunition. I don't know if FedEx will accept ammunition for shipment but I suspect they might. This doesn't bother me too much since I usually don't let ammo go unless it goes downrange.

Long guns can be shipped via USPS if it ships to a FFL holder but the postage and extra insurance for a Priority Mail long gun shipment is quite expensive now and delivery can be delayed for no apparent reason. Good luck trying to collect USPS insurance if the shipment gets gone.

I am also active on Rimfire Central (RFC) and have been for some years. RFC has an active Classifieds section but very recently, RFC eliminated the "Want To Buy" option since scammers are so active. I have been fortunate over the years that I have not been scammed but I look carefully at a buyer's or a seller's RFC Reviews and if the join date is new or if there are little or no positive reviews, I do not pursue it.

In light of my above comments, if I do want to sell anything these days, I still use RFC Classifieds but I advise it is a face-to-face, cash deal at a mutually agreeable location. I am sure this severely restricts the potential number of buyers or sellers but that's OK with me. In a face-to-face, cash deal, the buyer gets to put an eye on the item(s) before forking over cash and if the buyer is pleased, the seller gets cash which eliminates worries about forgery.

If I am wrong about shipping, please correct my above comments.
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:39 am

Couple of good points above.
But as far as categories go, I rarely just check a certain one when I check in.
I use the quick links button then choose active topics and that shows me the latest 2 dozens topics that members are responding to.

RP
Last edited by Vaquero on Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:47 am

Vaquero -

Thanks for the comment about "Active Posts". I have not been here long enough to have found that but it seems useful.
2 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:10 pm

I try to stay caught up on new posts at least daily. For that I use 'Unread' function under Quick Links. I Put a url link on my bookmarks/favorites browser bar for faster access to the unread list.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Coach
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Coach » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:19 pm

I use active topics function
1 x
Deplorable California 2A supporter.

rickhem
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rickhem » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:47 am

After reading someone's tip about it, I too use the "New Posts" link under the Quick Links.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:53 am

Yep, first click for me is new posts. I’ll take a look later in the day but don’t log on but just look at the date of reply’s and click any with today’s date.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:16 pm

The 'Unread Posts" works like "New Posts" first time after login. What I like about "Unread" is that as I work my way down the list reading a post and subsequently clicking "Unread" the post just read is removed from the list. As I work my way down the list it gets shorter and shorter until none are left unread. More useful than looking at time stamps in "New Posts" list for figuring out where I'm at with what has/hasn't been read. Also, the new posts list gets cleared if you logout, your browser hangs or for some other weird internet reason. When I log back in the unreads list is still there. As I shared earlier I copied the "Unread" url from the quick links list and put it on my browser favorites/bookmarks bar. So when I read unread posts, it's a two click process. Click a post to read it, then click "Unread" from the browser bar to get back to the unread list. Repeat until all the unreads are read. Some post topics I have no interest in. Those I skip over. When I'm done reading posts of interest I use the "Mark All Read" function to finish clearing out the unread list.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234