Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Benjamin Marauder .22

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Benjamin Marauder .22

Post by daytime dave » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:53 am

I thought I would be the first to post in the Air Gun section, now that I saw there was one.

I'd like to present my Benjamin Marauder in .22 caliber. This one came to me from California, from Mac1 Airguns. He tunes it and let me tell you, when he says it's accurate, it is. I love the Benjamin because it is made right here in NY State. I have visited the Crosman factory before, on a service issue. They are making a great rifle here.

The rifle itself is a pre charged pneumatic rifle. PCP for short. It has a ten shot rotary magazine. It can be charged by a high pressure hand pump that resembles a bicycle pump, or by a tank such as a paint ball gun would use. I use the hand pump that came with my Benjamin Discovery. (That gun was a dud) It isn't too bad pumping. Once you get the tank to about 2700 psi, you get 25 to 30 shots. The gun uses an internal baffling system that makes it very quiet. I chose a Leapers 4-16 x 40 that works nicely on it.

I have used it to target practice with and it is fantastic. I have also hunted with it, taking doves mostly.

If you enjoy air rifles, this is a winner. European PCP rifles are expensive. I thought this one was a decent price for what you get. I am very glad I got one tuned by Mac 1 also.

1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Benjamin Marauder .22

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Another great report. I see it has front legs. Do you shoot it prone or just from a bench?
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Benjamin Marauder .22

Post by daytime dave » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:05 pm

I shoot prone with them mostly. Dad planted Indian corn one year that all manor of feathered things liked to pick out of the ground. Prone shooting made hitting them at a further distance easier. It's hard to hit their off switch on top of their heads at thirty yards or so. Prone, I had pretty good luck. Some even sat there looking around to see where that whizzing noise came from. Most didn't look around long.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member