Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Real ID

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Real ID

Post by dave77 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:30 pm

I got my WA enhanced driver's license at my renewal before the last one. At that time I don't think many people were getting them, lots of people were there waiting but since one person was doing only enhanced licenses I was called pretty quickly.

Went in last month for a renewal and now you can make an appointment online. Literally no one was there waiting, walk in the door, sign in on a computer with your confirmation # and I didn't even get sat down before I was called. Out in less than 10 minutes, didn't need any other documents with me since I already had an enhanced license. They do still accept walk-ins but people with an appointment have priority.

A lot more expensive than they used to be. With the extra charge for being enhanced, extending it from 6 years to 8 years and keeping my motorcycle endorsement it was $170.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:53 pm

Mr. Neutron wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:03 pm
Mags,

The last time I renewed I thought that I went ahead and got the Real ID, but honestly can't recall. Are there any visible differences between a "regular" Oregon driver's license, and the Real Deal?
Coach answered that. Star in the upper right.
https://www.oregon.gov/odot/DMV/Publish ... allOut.png
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mr. Neutron
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mr. Neutron » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:59 am

Thanks, Mags (and Coach...... Sorry I missed that in your post....)!!!

I do indeed have the star as described and shown.

I just assumed that was there because the State somehow knew I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. :D

Actually, I never even noticed it before. I did notice the different little "hologram-like" pictures of all sortsa weird stuff built in to this license. Which I don't care for. Ya have to tilt the license in the light to see them. Why couldn't they simply just print a normal picture of a bird and leaves on there? After paying that kinda money for the thing, ya shouldn't have to work to see the images. Dumb stupid state........ :mrgreen: :roll: ;)
0 x
Jimmie

An Okie living in Oregon

H009G
H004
H009BG
"Never miss a good chance to shut up." Will Rogers
"It's better to eat yer fruit before ya shoot it." youtuber WHO_TEE_WHO

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:58 am

Have no need for one. I don't fly anymore or go on military bases. Why do I have to prove who I am again while others just walk across and get it all.
Have had a good background check with fingerprints and picture for ATF regulations and that is enough and more than most folks.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:10 am

Forgive my ignorance but what is the primary reason for the "Real ID"? I have not had any issues with my regular DL.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:49 am

markiver54 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:10 am
Forgive my ignorance but what is the primary reason for the "Real ID"? I have not had any issues with my regular DL.
"On May 7, 2025, U.S. travelers must be REAL ID compliant to board domestic flights and access certain federal facilities."
https://www.dhs.gov/real-id
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:21 am

CT_Shooter wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:49 am
markiver54 wrote:
"On May 7, 2025, U.S. travelers must be REAL ID compliant to board domestic flights and access certain federal facilities."
Thanks Stan,
I figured it was something like that. Maybe I had heard about it, but it just didn't sink in because of the fact that I do not ever intend to fly again...but you never know. It might be a good idea to have one. Carol is a military widow and has to go to the base every few years to update her military ID. I need to ask her if she's aware of this. Would seem to me though that her military picture ID should suffice...dunno.

I appreciate the info.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:37 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:21 am
CT_Shooter wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:49 am
markiver54 wrote:
Thanks Stan,
I figured it was something like that. Maybe I had heard about it, but it just didn't sink in because of the fact that I do not ever intend to fly again...but you never know. It might be a good idea to have one. Carol is a military widow and has to go to the base every few years to update her military ID. I need to ask her if she's aware of this. Would seem to me though that her military picture ID should suffice...dunno.

I appreciate the info.
I agree on flyin, never been on a commercial flight in my life and at this late stage of my life don't ever see it happening now.
I just see it as more governmental control.😡🤬

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Coach
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Coach » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:37 pm

It’s because of all the illegals getting driver licenses.

At least now I know I’m the REAL COACH!
1 x
Deplorable California 2A supporter.

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:04 pm

Vaquero wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:37 pm
I agree on flyin, never been on a commercial flight in my life and at this late stage of my life don't ever see it happening now.
I just see it as more governmental control.😡🤬RP
Flying ain't safe I tell you. :shock:
Of course I spent almost 35 years in aviation both military and FAA so I should know. :lol:

I've flown in everything from UH-1 helicopters to B52s to B747s and so far I'm still here. For 32 years I held
a cockpit pass to all types both military and civilian. Course there have been a few incidents, like getting
shot down once, and out of control a couple of times, but that just goes with the territory. :roll:

But I'm retired now and Carol likes to travel with her cat so we mostly motorhome now. :D
2 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66