Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Youtuber fires a squib and keeps shooting.....Lucky!

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Re: Youtuber fires a squib and keeps shooting.....Lucky!

Post by Ernie » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:55 am

Yep not impressed with this guy.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:48 pm

Redthies wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:02 am
dave77 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:41 pm
I couldn't hear anything when he fired that round, did see a small puff of smoke near the hammer and the next round sounded different from the first rounds he fired. He said " My first Squib load also. luckily it had enough to still go down range so I confidently shot another." Sure didn't look like it in the video but maybe he saw it hit??. Judging by the ear plugs he was wearing I don't see how he couldn't hear that there was virtually no noise from the shot in question.
Where did he say it was his first squib? I only watched the first three minutes or so, but after reading your post, I went back and suffered through the rest! I read the comments too, and there was not a single mention of the squib. Everyone was too upset by the 3 vents and claiming Colt had “ruined it”.

There is definitely smoke visible on the squib shot, but the shot immediately after definitely did not sound the same as the first few. Why he didn’t stop shooting immediately after not hearing a proper shot on the squib is unreal. He should have emptied the gun, and checked the barrel before firing another shot. Total dumbass move…
It was in the brief description between the video and the comments. He said "(My first Squib load also. luckily it had enough to still go down range so I confidently shot another.) "

That's why I thought he may have seen the bullet hit the target or the ground which we wouldn't see in the video.
3 x

rickhem
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rickhem » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:31 am

I have a Dan Wesson revolver that I bought back when I first started to shoot handguns. The sales guy I liked at that shop told me that they were having a Dan Wesson Day, and some reps would be there with their stuff. I went to the shop that day and the DW people had three different barrels that they milled in half as display items, all completely filled with bullets. One of them, an 8" barrel if I remember correctly, had 13 or 14, and we all commented that whoever did that had to have reloaded his cylinder three times to get that many bullets stuck in the barrel. I'm not sure I'd have believed it if I didn't see it myself. One of the DW guys said he thought the guy shot until a bullet blocked the rotation of the cylinder, which is when he stopped. Pretty scary stuff.

I have a buddy that had a 200 grain lead bullet get stuck in the barrel of his 1911. Just a light bullseye load, but he felt it and stopped when he realized it was still in the barrel. He brought the gun home and the next day pushed that bullet out. After clearing that bullet, you could feel where it was when pushing a patch through the barrel, it must have swelled or something and there was a very noticeable "loose spot" you could feel. The gun still shot well enough, and he used it for another year before an armorer at Camp Perry looked through and saw it, and gave him a new barrel.
0 x