Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New player in the lever rifle world.....

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: New player in the lever rifle world.....

Post by daytime dave » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:18 am

I'd say that Henry is making waves in the industry.
I also thought that the Smith and Wesson reminded me of the all weather. Winchester's new entry reminds me of the H001.
I think Henry is making others look for a slice of the pie that Henry enjoys now.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:33 am

I agree, Dave. Lever guns remain very popular. Back when Marlin went under and was bought out by Remington, I had my doubts about the future of lever guns, but I was obviously wrong, there. Now we're even seeing tactical lever guns, so that's a sure sign younger shooters have accepted them, too. No, I won't be buying a tactical lever gun, but it's a good sign that lever guns will be around for a long time.

Yes, Henry gets credit for showing there's still a market for lever guns and the fact that they've done it with lever guns still made in the U.S. is all the more remarkable.
Last edited by North Country Gal on Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:27 pm

I agree with NCG. Henry should get a lot of credit with keeping the lever action market going. And recently, Ruger also.
Henry got my interest a few years ago as Winchester's were way over priced and the Marlin's [newer] seemed to have a lot of issues.
Henry had what I wanted, .357/38 spl and .45 Colt at very reasonable prices with availability. Bingo! Haven't had any problems with those two, so Henry is what I went with and I'm glad I did. Having typed all that; I do indeed like my Win Ranger 30-30 and Marlin 39A. How about that!?
1 x