Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

2024 NASCAR

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: 2024 NASCAR

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:29 pm

The Happy Kaboomer wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:00 pm
I left it when Dale died.......No longer interesting to me.
My wife gave up after Jr retired.

I gave up when it went Woke, although I still watch it some.

I was a long hold out, but it just ain't the same anymore.
1 x
NRA Member

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:17 am

When they broke the races up into the points for so many laps it lost me. I think that system is stupid much like the restrictor plate restriction. When I do glance at a race on TV I see many empty seats in the stands. Nascar is dying.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:48 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:17 am
When they broke the races up into the points for so many laps it lost me. I think that system is stupid much like the restrictor plate restriction. When I do glance at a race on TV I see many empty seats in the stands. Nascar is dying.
Yes sir, it it and they have no one to blame other than themselves.
Like you, once they started those stages they pretty much lost me.
Then the wokeness that's fell on all the major sports finished it for me.

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:38 am

not looking good for Hailie Deegan to begin her first full-time Xfinity Series season today .... just checked the forecast for the Daytona Speedway, 80+% chance of solid rain from now through midnight
0 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:36 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:38 am
not looking good for Hailie Deegan to begin her first full-time Xfinity Series season today .... just checked the forecast for the Daytona Speedway, 80+% chance of solid rain from now through midnight
At least I will have some motorsport to watch, our Aus racing season kicks off today with a 12hr GT3 race at Bathurst, Supercars at the same track next weekend with the 500.
Plenty of international drivers including former motorcycle world champ Valentino Rossi back for another go and about 10 supercars drivers competing
It is the track and a Mclaren GT3 he raced there is the car that is SVG's choice if he could only race one track and car for the rest of his life.

SVG's ARCA debut was a bit of a disappointment, with pack qualifying he was slow off pit lane and never got in the draft. Ended up with only the 35th time and missed qualifying by one place on speed and then missed by one place on owner points.
Got a late call up with a withdrawal and then out early in a big one, was already running mid pack in a few laps. Did everything right checked up, kept it straight looked like he would make it through and got drilled from behind. First ARCA race I have watched and level of the drivers is a bit underwhelming. Looked to be plenty of avoidable incidents hopefully the Xfinity drivers are a step up in experience.
He posted the 12th time in Xfinity practice, about what I was expecting, dont think he will have an issue with raw speed just getting used to pack racing on ovals that might take some time.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:32 pm

didn't get to see the ARCA race and won't be able to see the start of the Xfinity one tonight .... I wasn't aware that SVG hadn't run on a super speedway .... knowing that makes sense that NASCAR wouldn't let him jump directly into the Cup race tomorrow .... most of those drivers have the talent and experience to make moves at 200 or more mph that is nothing short of amazing .... even with that being the case, "The Big One" is all but a certainty
0 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:17 pm

Yeah hasnt run anything other than sprint cars and his truck short track start last year when it comes to oval racing. Does have a little experience on the banking at Daytona having tun the 24hr 5 times.
Qualified 5th for the Xfinity, a little better than I expected and quite impressive for a first attempt when you look at some of the drivers he has out qualified. Conformation of the fact outright speed on ovals wont be a problem its the racing that might take a bit of time.
Think the whole approval process through running ARCA was really just a formality, they gave him approval after Thursday practice. I can understand why it is in place after watching the ARCA race but a big difference between a 17 or 18 year old stepping up to ARCA and a 34 year old that has already won in cup and has been racing the best drivers in the world in stock cars, rally cars sprint cars and open wheelers for 15 years and is actually eligible for FIA super license and could run in F1 tomorrow without having to do anything additional.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:22 pm

Xfinity Series season opener at Daytona moved to Monday at 11 a.m. ET due to inclement weather​

Daytona 500 scheduled for 2:30PM Eastern tomorrow but that is certainly subject to change
0 x

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:47 pm

JEBar wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:22 pm
Xfinity Series season opener at Daytona moved to Monday at 11 a.m. ET due to inclement weather​

Daytona 500 scheduled for 2:30PM Eastern tomorrow but that is certainly subject to change
Sunday's forecast for Daytona, FL:

-Day time: Rain likely. Potential for heavy rainfall. High 61F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near an inch.

-Night time: A steady rain in the evening. Showers continuing late. Low 51F. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.

Doesn't look too good.
0 x
NRA Member

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:42 pm

Will almost certainly miss it with the shift to 11am Monday, 3am start Tuesday for us down under.

Have been watching the bathurst 12hr on and off all day, rain started with about 6hrs to go still raining know with 3hrs to go. Rain hasnt caused to much carnage but lap times are 20seconds or more slower than in the dry.
1 x