Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New from Franklin Armory

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

New from Franklin Armory

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:18 am

The Trinary Trigger. Wow! This is great! :D Video at the link.

https://franklinarmory.com/trinary-firing-system/
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: New from Franklin Armory

Post by dave77 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:55 pm

Doesn't seem to be available to order yet and don't see a price either. They probably wouldn't ship it to WA anyway.
0 x

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:21 pm

I never understood how binary (and now this trinary) triggers are legal. If the definition of a machine gun is that it fires more than one shot with one pull of the trigger, how are these legal?

I don't want one (binary nor trinary) but it seems legally problematical to me. Said someone who never set foot in a law school.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:27 pm

HenryFan wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:21 pm
I never understood how binary (and now this trinary) triggers are legal. If the definition of a machine gun is that it fires more than one shot with one pull of the trigger, how are these legal?

I don't want one (binary nor trinary) but it seems legally problematical to me. Said someone who never set foot in a law school.
Binaries are legal at the Federal level, although some agencies wish they weren't. A few States have made them illegal, or have tried to but not succeeded.

As for "one pull of the trigger", have you ever fanned a single action revolver, or wired the trigger back? 2 or more shots with one pull of the trigger. The hammer doesn't count in the legal (mechanical) definition about this :) . If it did, would that make your Blackhawk a machine gun when it's fanned? Of course not. And I'll leave it at that, since further dissection would likely get political in this April Fools thread. :)

Btw, the legal definition is not 'one pull of the trigger'. Per 26 U.S. Code § 5845 - Definitions (my italics below). Words count, especially in the laws. ;)

"The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person."

Trinary triggers - hey, it is April 1st. :lol:
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:40 pm

April Fools Day!

Ya' got me.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:24 am

You got us. I re-watched the video and he's actually using one of their binary triggers. If you watch carefully you can see that he pulls and releases the trigger which fires 2 rounds and then he pulls but does not release it which fires 1 round. Then he releases the trigger which fires 1 round and then a pull and release for 2 more rounds fired.

The site even says "BTW...all of what you're about to see is 100% achievable with the Binary Firing System®. 4/1 just gave us a reason to have some fun!"
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:12 am

dave77 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:24 am
You got us. I re-watched the video and he's actually using one of their binary triggers. If you watch carefully you can see that he pulls and releases the trigger which fires 2 rounds and then he pulls but does not release it which fires 1 round. Then he releases the trigger which fires 1 round and then a pull and release for 2 more rounds fired.

The site even says "BTW...all of what you're about to see is 100% achievable with the Binary Firing System®. 4/1 just gave us a reason to have some fun!"
Glad I could brighten everyone's day with this. :) Now moving right along to the 9mm Gatling Gun from Tippmann Armory, which is also not a machine gun and is not covered by the NFA. This fun gun has been available for about 5 years. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYoPovsM-GM
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:48 pm

Would be fun to shoot but if I was to get one I'd get the 22lr version, a little bit cheaper but would be a lot cheaper to shoot. Although not as much cheaper as I thought, haven't bought any 22lr for awhile, don't shoot it that much and stocked up with quite a bit a couple of years ago. Looked on line and the cheapest I found a 500 rd brick was $40. It doesn't seem like that many years ago you could get a brick for under $10. Still 500rds of 9mm would be over $100 unless you reloaded and at the rate you could go through them you'd be spending a lot of time reloading.

https://tippmannordnance.com/22lr-gatling-gun/
0 x