Ernie
Drover
United States of America

SAR K2-45C

Post by Ernie » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:51 pm

IMG_1086.jpeg[attachment=1]IMG_1087.jpeg
[/attachment]
IMG_1089.jpeg
Saw this at the LGS this morning and was interested in the double stack mag. But being made in Turkey made me wary. So I went home and did some reading and went back to pick it up. Slide pretty tight, like the sights, the grip feels just fine, single/double, and it comes with 2 magazines. Single stage trigger pulls at 4 lbs and double is off my gage but it isn't too bad. Put 12 cartridges in it fine, 13 was stiff and 14 was not happening. Maybe it will loosen up some. it does operate with 13 in it and it has some weight to it. On vacation this week recovering from some oral surgery so maybe I will get to the range to try it. Pretty sure I have a old Glock holster that will fit. Good reviews on the internet. Will see what mine is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: SAR K2-45C

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:44 am

Let us know how it shoots. I can't remember, but I believe some well known shotguns are made in Turkey.
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:43 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:44 am
Let us know how it shoots. I can't remember, but I believe some well known shotguns are made in Turkey.
Yes some nice shotguns are made in Turkey as well as some cheap ones. SAR is the largest private manufacturer of small arms for the Turkish military. This pistol is a licensed copy of the CZ 75 in 45acp with some differences like the full length metal guide rod and the slide rails ride inside the frame. All steel, no aluminum but no de cocking with the safety. It is a less expensive gun than the CZ and no doubt not as good a shooter but I will try to get out tomorrow to see how it does for me.
0 x

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:09 pm

Cleaned the new pistol (it was pretty dirty) and took a trip to the range today. Sights were way off. Shooting Sellier & Bellot 230 gr at 15 yards. This was shooting 8" low and 6" left. Took some doing but got it centered. Last round of 5 shots were within 4 inches, sitting but not resting arms on bench. Rain started so I packed it up for another day. Not unhappy with this as I did not know what to expect and I bought it mostly because it was a double stack 45 acp.
IMG_1112.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:07 pm

Once you got the sights figured out, looks like it came around fine. Have to admit, when I first saw 45C, I'm thinking, a .45 Colt in semi auto pistol???
Man' that would have been nuts. As is, I think you'll have a good shooter on your hands. Break in period and all. Good looking gun.
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:31 pm

That is an interesting gun there with 13-14 rounds of .45 ACP. Wish my Springfield XDE was a double stack. What is the barrel length?
0 x

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:14 am

fortyshooter wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:31 pm
That is an interesting gun there with 13-14 rounds of .45 ACP. Wish my Springfield XDE was a double stack. What is the barrel length?
4.2" barrel. Read the manual and this model says it will hold 13 rounds but the magazine has 14 stamped on it with a witness hole. But it ain't going to take that 14th shell.
0 x