Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Lace on rifle slings

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Lace on rifle slings

Post by bandit1250 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:24 pm

I did not know where to post this. Sir Henry maybe asked me about the lace on slings. I have two different ones on lever guns right now. The one on the Henry Frontier is a Oklahoma Lace on sling that came from Old South Firearms. It is nice because all you need is a front band for a quick detach swivel and no holes drilled in your stock. The raw hide needed to be longer but other than that it is nice and fits well and don't move once it is on. The Zane Grey Marlin 30/30 has a Uncle Mikes or a Thompson Center lace on suede sling. I believe they may have been sold under both name brands. Actually was made for muzzle loaders. It is nice and really looks like a "mountain man" style sling. It is really soft and the suede holds well on shoulder and don't slide around. I added extra holes in both brands pictured and laced raw hide through them to keep the two straps together and have no free hanging ends. I punched extra holes with I think a 17 Remington or 222 shell casing sharpened with a deburring tool. The small hole made the rawhide fit very tight. I think the extra raw hide lacing added to the looks of it. Here is a couple different views.
This shows the extra raw hide I laced through to hold the pieces in line. It also adds to the look of the sling in my opinion.
Another view
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Lace on rifle slings

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:28 pm

Those are nice. Can you sling it over either shoulder?
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater