Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Two 513's at the range

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Two 513's at the range

Post by bandit1250 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:14 am

I went to our not so great club range yesterday. Some of the members could care less what they do there because it is in the woods where they think no one cares about the junk they leave there and how they shoot stuff to pieces. When I got there I saw some one had placed the target holder at 40 yds. instead of the normal 50 where it should be. I left it there to shoot as I didn't feel like moving it and I was shooting low powered scopes on both rifles. One rifle is a vintage Remington 513T my Dad left me with a 6X Leupold I set the parallax for rim fire shooting and the other is a CZ 513 Basic which is their entry level bolt action 22. It has a 2-7 Leupold rim fire scope. I shot some sub sonic in the CZ because I hunt squirrel with it and Norma also. It has been very good with the Norma Tac and the Match. I shot CCI standard in the Remington with three lot #'s. It never has been a gret shooter with CCI. I then shot 5 different lot #'s of Norma Tac and it liked it well. The targets with CCI in the Remington are 5 shot groups and the Tac 22 are 6 shots each. Then it was the CZ up next. Two brands of Sub sonic HP and the Norma Match. This little rifle amazes me how well it shoots and puts it's first shot from a clean cold barrel right where the rest group. Makes for a fine squirrel rifle when you don't have to guess where the first shot may hit. Did not get much shooting done before the wind really picked up. This is the rifles.

The targets. The right target with the holes out on the right edge are binder holes not bullet holes. The left target at the top corners is the push pins I shot out with the CZ and the Winchester sub sonics after finishing up. The Winchester subs look to be squirrel eye ball accurate.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Two 513's at the range

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:53 am

Binder holes. I'm going to remember that. :lol: You did a lot better than I did. I'm still testing my .22WMR lever rifles but after that I'm going to shoot my CZ's.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:07 am

Your Winchester POIs are what I'd really like my 2" bullseye targets to look like....no more red in the middle!! ;)

Good shooting, Bandit; thanks for the report and rifle pics.
1 x

~Пока~

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:42 am

That's nice shooting and thanks for the report. Purty rifles!
1 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:43 pm

Nice shooting for sure.
Minute of squirrel eyeball at 40 yards sets a new standard for us.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:05 pm

Bandit, what you do with a rifle simply amazes me! Great shooting. Thanks for the range report and inspiring the self challenge to be ever better.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Nice shooting!!

After seeing that, I will never post a target on this forum. It would be way too embarassing.
0 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:12 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:Bandit, what you do with a rifle simply amazes me! Great shooting. Thanks for the range report and inspiring the self challenge to be ever better.
X2 The guns and the shooting, incredible as always bandit.
White Squirrel wrote:Nice shooting!!

After seeing that, I will never post a target on this forum. It would be way too embarassing.
:D
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:53 pm

White Squirrel wrote:Nice shooting!!

I post targets no matter how bad they are. :cry:
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater